Wednesday, November 28, 2007

One Holiday Down...

Thanksgiving was last week and what a week it was. I must say I am thankful for many things in life. I am thankful to have a husband who supports every move I make, who makes me laugh and most importantly, who loves me (and shows it) no matter what I do.

I'm thankful for my son who is really the light of my life. He reminds me that every minute matters and that not so fun things (i.e. cooking, cleaning) can wait. Playing is way more fun! No matter what a day I had at work, nothing tops him yelling "MOMMY!" when I come pick him up at daycare.

I'm thankful for my family, both my parents and my in-laws. My parents are supportive, loving and always want the best for me (who wouldn't!). But the funny thing is they love me despite my wierd sense of humor (very unlike theirs) and my crude honesty. We do share a love for really bad, old TV shows: Brady Bunch, Golden Girls. I can watch them for hours. Of course my husband just shakes his head. My in-laws -- I must say my in-laws truly are a blessing. They spoil me as much as they spoil their children (and grandchildren) I don't think too many girls can say that about their in-laws!

I'm thankful for so many things I would bore you to tears. But I'm also thankful to be a mommy again. I'm 7 weeks pregnant and all I can do is pray for a healthy bundle to love more and more every day. I can't even imagine how wonderful it will be to have two children who really give meaning to life.

That's what Thanksgiving is all about.

No comments: