Monday, August 31, 2009

Birthdays

When you're a mom, birthdays have different meaning. Funny thing is, your birthday doesn't really mean too much. You still have to wake up in the morning, go to work, get the kids to school -- just like any other day. I told my son that today was my birthday. He didn't care too much. He just looked at me like I had vines growing from my head and went about doing his own thing. But I do appreciate what my mother did for me on this day. She carried me for 10 months, went through child birth and did the whole mommy thing for me.

I will relish in the fact that today is my birthday and I can do what I want. I will eat what I want. I will be thankful for another wonderful year of life. And, if I'm lucky, I'll get a homemade card.

So, here's to year 31. I wouldn't trade the last 30 for anything.

No comments: