Friday, June 8, 2007

Welcome to the Blog for Working Moms!

Welcome. Welcome. Welcome.

As the inaugeral posting to my blog, I wanted to share why I wanted to create a blog and what I hope to offer my audience.

In essence, I found that being a mom is not the easiest job in the world, but it certainly has it's bonuses! But, being a working mom in particular is challenging. Not only do you struggle every day wondering if you've made the right choices for your child, but you struggle with a "new you."

I was once very career minded and found myself at a crossroads once my son was born. How do you manage to fulfill yourself career-wise while also the needs of your family? Ahhh -- the guilt!! How do you make sure your child is taken care of without breaking the bank? How do you juggle home time with work time? It's often hard to not take work home...but you definitely hate to interfere with your already short time to spend - so ya gotta make it quality. Oh yeah - how do you do that too? I ended up switching from a career where everything was due yesterday and I had zero flexibility to a job where I have more flexibility and the home and work balance is often equal. Hard to find?? Absolutely! I took a pay cut to find it. It was the best move I made.

Let's face it - us girls do it all!!
When you become a mother, you also take on the role as event planner, scheduler, logistics coordinator, healthcare surrogate, and financial advisor. This is in addition to your already established roles of chef, cleaning lady, etc. Now, don't get me wrong, my husband is very helpful around the house and with my son, but somehow I still end up with quite a workload.

This blog will tell you my tales as a working mother. Things that help me deal with the day-to-day ups and downs and ways to keep my sanity - whether it's quick dinner receipes, ways to convince a toddler to cooperate (I'm still learning!), or just ways that I juggle home and a career.

I'm bound to help someone out there or perhaps someone out there can help me!

No comments: