Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Kids are Amazing

Until you have a kid, you really don't know the happiness they bring. I used to equate having a child to having a dog - definitely NOTHING like that! So as I meander through life, having a child has brought new and exciting things to life that I would have never thought of before.

Have you ever smelled cauliflower? According to my son, it is indeed a flower and you must smell it and not eat it.

Do you remember learning to swim? It's not very easy, but to a child, it's one of the most freeing experiences. "I can do it all by myself, mommy" and "That was easy, mommy" fly from my son's mouth.

What are all those things in the sky? I never paid attention, but now I do. Apparently there's a Virgin Atlantic flight every day at the same time that happens to pass over our house. "Look mommy, a plane is flying in the sky."

For some reason, it seems that since my son was born a lot of people in my life have changed -- for the better. His personality seems to bring out the best in others, including myself.

Despite the challenges of raising a toddler, at the end of the day, life is good - and it can't get any better than that.

No comments: