Friday, August 3, 2007

When it Rains, It Pours

Wow. What a week it has been. My father-in-law has colon cancer. My grandmother was in the hospital. My sister-in-law needs to move (I gotta help). Work has been crazy. In addition to the many roles I play, my husband is also stretched in a 1,000 different ways too, which means I need to support him.

Everyone has their own issues - some more serious than others - but I'm thinking this week is a topper. It's crazy. Even co-workers, friends and neighbors have weird crazy things going on. I can tell you, I was completely overwhelmed.

Let me get out my bucket as I bail myself out.
It's gonna take a while. Are you with me? Thanks.

As time goes by, things are returning back to the normal hectic format, but at least it's managable. I now have a new path to make for myself and my husband and our family work through the rough waters.

I'm a big believer that things happen for a reason. Words from my great-grandmother who lived to 96... I think she knows what she is talking about. Right now I am just trying to figure out what exactly that "reason" is.

My rock has been my husband's extreme optimism, and of course, the smile of my son's face. Nothing tops that.

No comments: