In making dinner last night, I learned that I really do have some cooking skills. I was able to come up with a healthy dinner, cook it and serve it within 20 minutes - all while chasing a toddler and trying to entertain my sister-in-law and her friend.
Vanessa's Quick Chicken and Watercress Dinner
1 pkg of chicken cutlets (usually 4 in a pkg)
1 cup flour
splash of milk
bag of watercress
2 Tbsp. dijon mustard
2 garlic cloves pressed (optional)
white wine (optional)
- Defrost chicken.
- While the chicken defrosts, in a small bowl mix dijon mustard, pressed garlic cloves, splash of oil and splash of vinegar. Wisk together.
- Cut open bag of watercress and put in bowl.
- Beat two eggs and a splash of milk in a pie pan.
- Put flour in another pie pan. Season with salt/pepper or however you wish.
- Heat a large pan on med. high heat with canola oil (it won't smoke like olive oil)
- Dredge chicken in eggs, then flour.
- Place all four pieces of chicken in pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Cut cucumber for salad and put in bowl with watercress.
- Pour in about a 1/2 up of lemon juice in pan with the chicken.
- Pour in wine too. Just eyeball it. Probably about 1/2 cup or so.
- Let it cook off and it's ready.
- Mix the dijon dressing you made in steps #1 and #2 into the watercress salad. Mix well.
Serves 3-4 people.